Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Gameplay is a general term used for the general way any of the games in the RCT series are played. There are a variety of tools and rides that the player can use to expand and improve parks, as well as several game modes available to play in.
Game modes[edit | edit source]
There are three game modes in RCTW.
- Campaign - You can set which place where you start and you can set your starting money. This is a realistic simulation of building a theme park, as you have to manage your expenses, income and profit. Also, buildings have maintenance costs so try to build some facilities, such as food places and toilets, and a couple of rides to start you off.
- Scenario - The developers create challenges for you, such as the first one is where you need to take a successful park higher. The money you have is set, and you can freely edit the park with that money, just remember that you have assignments to follow. These usually last for about 1 year game time.
- Sandbox - To create your dream park you can use this mode. You have unlimited money, meaning you can pretty much do whatever you want in game and get whatever you want to make your park look good.
Building tools[edit | edit source]
In the building menu, the player has many tools available. These include items, such as rides, that can be placed for the guests to utilize them, as well as terrain modification.
- Paths - There are a wide variety of paths available to place so that guests can easily walk around the park. In RollerCoaster Tycoon World, paths can curve at any angle, but in the other editions, they can only be placed as squares that fit into the park grid.
- Scenery - Guests don't use scenery directly, but having scenery throughout the park will increase the park's rating and scenery placed near rides will often increase the ride's excitement and make guests more likely to go on that ride.
- Buildings - You can choose from sub sections for Staff, Info, Shops and Food/Drink places. Then you can select a building and place it around your park.
- Rides - There are a variety of rides players can choose from to place in the park.
- Coasters - Coasters are a special type of ride that the player can create a custom track with or use a pre-made one.
- Modify terrain - The player has the ability to modify terrain, such as adding water, waterfalls, hills, and holes.
- Park expansion - The park can be expanded using the park expansion tool.
- Removing items - Players can delete any item that they placed in the park using this tool.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- When creating your park for the first time close the park, so peeps do not come in and rate the park bad for lack of content.
- Remember to adjust the settings when you first play, as by default the graphics are set to high.
- A good way to go around making rides is make sure you have a variety of ride types, this will keep peeps for longer, and will mean there is something for everyone. If you create a theme with only one genre or type of ride, you will only get a certain amount of peeps, and some will leave early.